It is unfortunate news that Slamforce Africa (Pty) Ltd. announces today that SFA02 is being postponed. Unfortunately, we have had several talent cancellations this week, and as a company that prides itself on delivering of its promises to fans, we as a company felt uncomfortable with pushing ahead and possibly delivering a second rate show for our fans.
Several other factors also played a role in the decision to postpone SFA02, that made sense for all parties involved and stakeholders to agree to the postponement. However it is imperative for fans to understand that this postponement is in the best interest of the company and the Slamforce Africa brand.
SFA President & CEO, Cornelius A.P. van Tonder had the follow to say; “Obviously we understand that our fans is going to be disappointed. It is not an ideal scenario and we fully grasp that. However, we did not get into the business of entertaining our fans with second rate shows and we have had a couple of other new, big opportunities that for the brand that came along that made the decision easier, not that this decision was at all an easy decision to make. All we can say at this stage is that our fans comes first, and if we feel we cant deliver the show they deserve we will rather postpone it, and ensure we can deliver on our promises. We have made massive strides in the last two months, that fans have seen and fans are proud of, partnering with Sun International, Computicket, Face2Face Wrestling and there is a couple of bigger announcements and partnerships still to be made. The show is not cancelled. We will never cancel a Slamforce Africa show. Ever. The date has merely changed.”
It is important for fans whom have already bought tickets to SFA02 to note, the show is not cancelled, and their tickets will and can be transferred to the new date once it is announced. Fans will have a choice once the company announces the new date, to either transfer their ticket or request a refund.
The new date is being finalised by all parties involved, however, we can confirm that all talent has already agreed to the new date and everyone is available for the proposed date. The new date will be announced in the coming weeks.